Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Transcendent Self

June 2011

I walk in the world and yet Identity I is prior to the world and the walk
In the world and not of it, a paradox of great peace and joy
I breathe and eat and yet breathing and eating are within the Awareness I am
A Mystery of such great import and a paradox of freedom and Love

I watch and witness to the events that rise and fall
Growing in the understanding it is but myself that I witness
And this grows still deeper and wider, it is but my Self that I watch
Transcending the world and yet enjoying and being all that arises

I watch thoughts and feelings rise and fall upon the screen of me
Identity, The Child, transcends the screen and yet is being the screen
A Mystery and Paradox that is coming into light; I am grateful
Love is the Answer, freedom the result and the Very Identity of Being

Let the words flow Father, let the light shine
Make me that which I already Am, the Being of Creation
Let me sing from the rooftops and let my words be honest
Let the words and the singing be worthy of Thee

Identity is prior to this place and this time
And yet here I seem to be, I seem to live
Oh, paradox and mystery, I am grateful
As the Light reveals Itself to Me

I am the Light and the Living Son of God
I am here to share this glimpse with my brothers and sisters
To tell of the Mystery and Paradox that We Are
One Self in the play of diversity and contradistinction

One Light, One Love and yet the world seems to be off course
Has always been so, but for the few that have arrived and shared their light
Now it is time, a “great necessity” has arrived, the time is growing short
For us to awaken to the Light, the Mystery and the Paradox that is life

But Life, the Original life prior to time and space
Such ease and joy when the ego is relinquished
Nothing to fear and yet the ego is fear itself
A contraction of the Real to a tiny point in time and space

I Am the Door, the mid-point between the inside and the outside
I stand at the door with one hand outstretched to God and the other to my world
It is a great mystery for a time of “great necessity”
It is a wonder of wonders, a paradox for a time of “great necessity”

Father, oh Lord God, the Light of Being
I am made in Your Image, and yet I have imagined a world of great suffering
It is time to Awaken, to take my place to give the Gift of Light and Freedom
It is indeed, indeed, a time of “great necessity”

And what is this necessity, this need that that has arisen and has always been
It is the answering of a call, an invitation to return Home
To find and to be found the Original and Authentic Identity We are
It is to accept the Covenant of the Heart, our birthright and inheritance

We are the Living Sons of God, God’s Self awareness
We are the Light and the Life of Being
We are not the limited being that is the body nor within a body
We are Free, We are Spirit, We are the Love that we each seek

Who is there that is not seeking and desiring happiness
Yea, there are many strange and delusional ways we seek
Many justifications, many sufferings and pain
Projections upon each other in the name of self-reliance and self-determination

Ah, such vain gloriousness, indeed such recalcitrance
As we play at being God, even while calling oneself an atheist
Control is the issue, desire to be author of the life one believes to be true
Possessor of life instead of Life and Light Itself

And so the words have all been written, many honest and authentic spokesmen of the Light
Bringing their teachings and awakenings to the world of themselves
So why, why is there this “great necessity” that keeps calling me to complete the transaction
Not just for myself but for my world, for my Selfhood images

And so I continue, to surrender, let go and undo the illusion
Of someone that is special with special relationships
I forgive my illusions and let go the value I have given this world
And I remain patient, trusting the process of undoing

It is a great mystery and enigma; light both a wave and particle
That which is already complete, appearing as a journey of completion
A transaction to finish, an interface to understand
Oh what a mystery and paradox and I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment